Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Well Done, Marty

An acquaintance of mine spent over a year in Uganda, setting up a production ministry in a very large church.

This is a piece he put together while he was there.

As a video professional (and one passionate about Africa), I think this is a great piece of work. It's encouraging, fresh, and has a very modern feel.

We are becoming saturated with media about African children. It's something I'm becoming more acutely aware of, and want to be very cautious how I use video to portray Africa when I'm there. More on that later. But for now, I'll say that Marty's work was tastefully done, and gives us a quick glimpse into the lives of African children - children who are portrayed as humans, not just objects in a marketing campaign.

6 comments:

Ryan - ForgottenVoices.org said...

Jamie - Thanks for your encouraging words. I'm anxious to meet you all sometime in Toronto. I'm going to email joel & julianne now. :)

Forgotten Voices now works with over 800 community volunteers across Zambia and Zimbabwe through partnerships w/ all different denominations. Women and men like Mrs. Maposa inspire me to see hope where so many only see hopeless. I'm constantly bombarded by messages of despair in Africa, where I continue to see hope.

When you go to a place like Zim, it is easy to look at the pain and see just chaos. I'm thankful for people like you and the Percys who see so much more in the names and faces of those working hard every day for our Lord.

Blessings to you as you all seek out God's best. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Best,
Ryan

Birch TV said...

Jamie . . . love the video.

Used it to test an internet connection at a theatre . . . sitting in the power room with tears in my eyes!


Rich

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Arja

Your blog looks great! Wish I had the skills of a tekno pastor at this...We'll be watching for updates as you keep moving forward. Thanks for linking people to us too. If I can figure out how to do the same, I will. We have to stick together at this!

Krista Photography said...

LOVE the video! I have friends who worked at Watoto last summer for a couple weeks. It sounds like an amazing place (I hope to visit someday).

Anonymous said...

Jamie, What an amazing blog you have. I love to read it every day. Some days(weeks, months etc.) I even read the same posting over and over, just hoping for a new post. I feel so fortunate to be able to comment on your blog. I know that just be commenting on your blog, the postings will become more frequent so I won't have to read the same stories (yes amazing stories) over and over.
Love your favourite brother-in-law!!