Saturday, April 28, 2007

When it rains, it pours coffee!

Until yesterday morning, I had gone one week without any coffee. Not because I was trying to cut back or anything noble... it was because I had a sore throat for most of the week and coffee wouldn't help that.

I'm not sure if my frequent headaches last week were stress-related, or lack-of-coffee-related. :)

As my thoat is better now, it was time to get back on the coffee bandwagon. Yesterday's 5:30am arrival at work necessitated a trip to the lunch room for a one-cup-brew of coffee there.

Then, because of my abstinence all week, I treated myself to Starbucks in the mid-morning.

Yesterday, after dropping the girls off at Grandma and Grandpa's for the night, Arja and I headed to Vaughan for the Camp Mini-Yo-We fundraising dinner we were invited to. Of course, we HAD to stop for a Starbucks along the way.

Then I had a coffee after dinner at the event.

At the end of the night, the "party favours" were packs of $4 worth of Tim Horton's gift certificates. We were a few people short at our table, so Arja and I ended up with $20 worth.

And then to top it off... I won a Silent Auction item... a new Cuisinart Coffee Maker, a pound of Starbucks coffee, and a $50 Starbucks card!

Like I said... when it rains, it pours COFFEE!!!!

God truly is good to me! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie...good to hear from you on my blog.

I ditched my old UNSNPWR license plate a while back in memory of that "retired" band! Hehe. Michelle and I did go see them at one of their final North American concerts here in Oklahoma. Twas very cool..

I laid off caffeine a few years ago...because the doctor told me to. So I didn't have the "mega-comeback to the morning charge" that you did! LOL!

Take care, man!

Allen

Jamie Sanfilippo said...

If my doctor told me to lay off coffee, I think I would set aside my peace-theology and then I'd shoot the doctor! :)