Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Today we celebrate Arja's life - 30 years with us! Happy birthday to my beautiful wife!!!

A good friend and co-worker took the girls overnight for us (thank you Sandra!!). I had made the proverbial "best-laid plans" that were quickly waylayed by the snowy weather and busy traffic. Oh well - we had a fun time anyway.

After Arja had her 1-hour massage from Jen (thanks Jen!) we ended up getting dinner at Extreme Pita - not the romantic dinner I planned - but something we used to enjoy together years ago. And then it was off to Blockbuster to rent a movie and a quick stopover at Starbucks for some necessary beverage refreshment!

I think the best part of the weekend was being able to sleep in together until 9:30am! Wow - how much you take that for granted before you have children together!

A few hours of relaxed time at the mall, and then it was time to get the girls.

Soon we'll go out WITH the girls to celebrate tonight.

I'm so glad that I get to celebrate Arja's life with her. Thanks to Mom and Dad Albrecht for bringing her into the world 30 years ago, and raising a wonderful God-fearing woman who is perfect for me!!!

Arja - Happy Birthday. I love you! Thanks for choosing to spend life with me! I look forward to another 30 years or more! A couple lines from song lyrics come to mind:

"I'll never get tired of you." King's X
"All I want is you." U2

No comments: