Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Welcome to my headspace

Well I've finally made the leap... into the blog-world, that is. I've been thinking about it for quite some time now. I guess it's the in thing to do, isn't it. I've avoided it for this long. Heck - for a supposed tekno-geek, I've avoided alot of things... a crackberry, myspace, all the latest tekno-toys, an updated computer all the time... come to think of it, maybe I'm not quite the tekno-geek that people expect me to be.

And yet I have this crazy cool (and just plain crazy) tekno-based job. How did I ever end up being the tekno-pastor of such a place as The Meeting House (themeetinghouse.ca)? Where else does someone with a degree in Missiology get to do such cool things as video production, live sound, concert lighting, system design, pre/post video editing, music remixing, etc. etc.??

It's one of those wacky things that I still don't quite understand. It came looking for me - I certainly wasn't looking for it. But for now - it's the place that God wants to use me. I try to be faithful.

Enuff on that... let's talk about what we'll talk about...

I think I'll try to post for awhile before making people aware... so if you are reading this, hopefully I've been at it for awhile and have shown myself to be committed to actually keeping this up.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do with this. Hopefully it will be a place to sort out my thoughts. My "dear diary" without a lock on the front of it. A place where I can share those things that matter to me. A place to ask questions and try to think through answers. A place to share what matters to me. A place to log what I'm learning...

So with that, let's jump in and see where we end up. Welcome to the journey... thanks for hopping on. Let's enjoy this ride together while it lasts!

No comments: